Skip to main content

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #3: Audio Story Components

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #3: Audio Story Components

Topic: 
For my audio story I decided to do a topic that I thought would be interesting for students and staff which is about the electoral college. The electoral college is a body that represents states that votes to see who will become the next president of the United States. I chose this topic because I wanted to see what students and staff knew about the electoral college and if they feel that it is still relevant.

Introduction:
In my one minute audio story I talked to Matthew Killian a success coach here at High Point University to get his thoughts on the subject. I talked with other success coaches, professors, and students but, for the one minute story, I only have Matthew Killian's response on what he believes about the electoral college.

Music Links:
The one used in the video already:

My second option would be:


 My third option is:


Foley Sound Effects:
Since my sound effect had to be related to my topic I wasn't really sure what to do so what I did was I created a check mark sound effect. When people vote they put a check in the box for the person they want to choose. How I did it was I took a medicine bottle and shook it up and down and I think it sounds close to an actual check mark.
Effect:
 Audio Story:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #4

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #4 When working in Adobe Premiere I learned how to effect pictures, how to add titles, how to animate, and how to add sounds through the program itself. Although I did not demonstrate all of these in my still image video this time, I plan on doing so for my final version. Working in Premiere I found to be enjoying, even-though we are only doing a still image video, I think its fun adding images to our audio stories. Even though I'm enjoying working with Premiere, I couldn't figure out how to make animations look smooth. Whenever I tried it appeared patchy so I decided to remove it for this part of the project. Video:

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #2: Short Ended Stories

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #2: Short Ended Stories About my audio story  In my story I talked to  a few of the success coaches at HPU and got their opinion on the electoral college. Why I chose this topic is because we the students and staff here at HPU share the fact that we can vote however, some of us don't know or understand how the voting system works or why it is in place in today's society.  What I learned  I learned a lot when doing this assignment on how to fade-in and out audio, how to really use muti-tracks, and how to adjust audio sound to make it some sound clips softer or louder than others to make sound smooth. I also learned from the recordings themselves that people have mixed feelings when talking about politics and how they would handle the situation. About audition This is not my first time using an adobe product, it is my first-time using audition. I didn’t think it was that difficult only because it’s kind of similar to Prem

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #1: Audio Stories

Eric Kender Forum Assignment #1: Audio Stories Listen: The podcast I chose was Radiolab’s “The Punchline” from January 18th, 2019. This is the story of how John Scott, an undeserving goon and low-skilled player, got voted into the NHL All Star game by fan voting (as a joke). Post:Sound Identification Examples (4 Kinds of Audio) Interview Clips : These are clips added by the storyteller 7:20 - Greg  & Jeff interview clip discussing how the 3-on-3 format is a mockery of the game 7:40 - Clip discussing fan voting 8:20 - Clip discussing voting limitation 11:01 - Phone call with John Scott Voice-overs: 6:31 - Recording of NHL All Star Game announcer 6:51 - Recording of the All Star game format Natural Sounds : On location in a hockey arena during a game. 9:32 - Arena sounds of fans/etc behind play-by play announcers talking about John Scott 9:47 - It’s faint, but sounds of skates and sticks on ice. Crowd reactions. Ambient Soun